MOTHER'S WOMEN'S MENTAL HEALTH, MD
This practice is dedicated to the well-being of women and mothers.
Dr. Jill Zechowy is a physician and perinatal psychotherapist.
In addition to in-person sessions, Dr. Zechowy provides counseling and psychotherapy via telemedicine.
About Dr. Jill Zechowy
Dr. Zechowy has a background in medicine as well as counseling psychology. She graduated Magna Cum Laude from University of Rochester with a B.S. in Molecular Genetics. She received the Take Five scholarship allowing her to persue studies in anthropology and art for a fifth year tuition-free.
In 1996 she graduated from University of Maryland School of Medicine. She completed her residency in 1999 at Boston University’s Malden Hospital Family Practice Residency program with rotations in obstetrics, gynecology, psychiatry, pediatrics, neonatology, and adult medicine. She was chief academic resident her final year there and received the Resident Teaching Award. She then fulfilled her Public Health Scholarship at a community health center in Lynn, Massachusetts. While there she served as Medical Director of nine school-based health centers and as interim Medical Director, supervising 11 physicians and 10 nurse practitioners.
Dr. Jill Zechowy provides the following services:
Dr. Zechowy provides treatment for women. Mothers are welcome to bring their babies to our sessions.
With her expertise in both medicine and counseling Dr. Zechowy offers both psychotherapy and treatment with medications. Together you can decide the right path for you.
Reasons to see a Perinatal Therapist
• Your mood is low for over two weeks and not improving.
• You are often distracted by worries, so much that it’s hard to be mentally present or sleep well at night.
• You have recurrent distressing thoughts or images.
• You don’t enjoy being a mother.
• You don’t feel bonded with your baby – at least not as much as you think you
• You have trouble asking for what you want from your partner.
• You’ve had postpartum depression (PPD) or perinatal anxiety (PPA) in the past.
• You were neglected or abused as a child.
• You want to be a completely different parent than what you had.
• You grew up feeling unloved or unliked by either of your parents.
• You have thoughts of hurting yourself or the baby.
• You have experienced a recent loss, trauma, or significant change – such as a move
to a new area.
• You are lonely and it’s not getting better.
• You want to enjoy motherhood more.
• You want to live a life consistent with your values while achieving your goals.
• You would like a knowledgable expert who can assist you to navigate the changes
of motherhood so that you are the best mom you can be.
Some clients may benefit from medications to alleviate their symptoms. This is a personal decision and does not have to be decided at the first session.
If it is decided that taking a medication would be right for you, Dr. Zechowy will see you as needed (usually every 1-4 weeks) until your symptoms have resolved. You can then either have your primary care physician refill your medications or follow up with Dr. Zechowy every 2-3 months.
- Appointments are between 45-50 minutes long. Fee is $190 per session.
- Telephone calls and texts: requiring more than 15 minutes of Dr. Zechowy’s time per week are prorated at hourly rate.
- Cancellations of less than 24 hours notice will result in a $130 charge. Upon the third late cancellation this charge increases to the full $190 fee.
When you make an appointment with Dr. Zechowy, she reserves that time exclusively for you. Barring emergencies, she will be ready to see you at our scheduled time. Dr. Zechowy does not double-book or overbook her schedule. It is important to provide her with as much notice as possible should you need to change an appointment. To do so please call her office phone (707) 515-6673.
Check out Dr.Jill's Motherhood Survival Manual Masterclass
GET THE 10 STEPS TO PREVENT POSTPARTUM DEPRESSION FOR FREE ON MOTHERHOOD SURVIVAL MANUAL ONLINE MASTERCLASS.